I wanted to make sure I posted these pictures so we can document a before and after shot of our summer project. This year Aaron's Grandma has let Aaron and I help her with her garden. It's a rather larger garden and probably not easy to maintain all by yourself when your in your 80's. I'm in charge of weeding and picking, Grandma's in charge of watering and Aaron will end up doing everything else we can't do. I'm looking forward to some quiet time and some hard physical work. I think our summer project will bring great dividends to the family as I'm learning skills of becoming more self reliant. I have a lot to learn, I didn't even know exactly what a hoe was. Most of you might be laughing right now, but growing up we never had a garden big enough to have a hoe, we just wedding the flower patches by hand. We'll keep documenting our summer project.
Abigail is going to have so much fun!
Beautiful fruit trees
Thursday, May 22, 2008
The Lee's Summer Project
Labels:
beginning of the garden
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That looks like so much fun! Sometimes I wish we actually had dirt to plant something in. I might get courageous again this year and try a few tomato plants in containers - the last year we tried squirls ate them!
Good for you!!! That's what we need to be doing this year. I don't know if we'll get around to it or not though.
That is awesome! Matt has planted a garden for me the last 2 mothers days. I really miss it this year!
good for you. i am excited to see what the "after" pic looks like.
How fun...you are on your way to some great healthy eating! You are so nice. I have TONS of healthy, great recipes. I am trying to put them all together into a cookbook on tastebook.com. This will probably take me a while but I can email you some of our family's favorites.
As far as the smoothies go, this is Moriah's life saver because she is not the best eater yet. I just use about 8oz. of water, 1 banana, some frozen strawberries, blueberries, mango, (whatever you have). That is the fruit part and then I add frozen spinach and or frozen broccoli. (You can add corn, carrot, beet, pretty much anything you have). I will also add some plain yogurt and honey to taste. The fruits and veggies are just by the handful ( just taste as you go). Pineapple makes it taste sweeter if you add lots of veggies. Just play with it.
One of my favorite websites is www.mothering.com Go to "peggy's kitchen" and there are lots of great, healthy recipes. Happy eating :) (i should have just emailed you!)
Post a Comment